Chronic cough with swollen tonsils, headache, fever. Remedy?

I have had a chronic cough for over a week. I cant keep any food down and my epiglittos is very visible in the back of my throat its like a little pink tongue. Im getting random headaches and fevers I went to ER they did an mri and blood test it came back normal so they discharged me im very scared though I feel like food is gettin stuck in the back of my throat and im choking when I eat solid food also I noticed today my 2 tounsik walls seem swollen
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Radhika 48 minutes later

You have provided me with good information.

You are suffering from chronic cough for over a week with swollen tonsils. It can be caused due to various causes like :
•     Infection which may be viral or bacterial in nature
•     Streptococcal throat infection
•     Infectious Mononucleosis
•     Tonsillitis

Your history is suggestive of tonsillitis. This infection has spread to the neighbouring structures like the pharynx and epiglottis.

I would suggest that you consult your ENT specialist) who would perform investigations like a throat swab. You will need a course of antibiotics to treat the infection.
You can also try the following remedies.
•     Avoid smoking, alcohol, spicy food during this time.
•     Gargle with Betadine or warm salt water solution.
•     Drink hot soups, beverages and avoid cold food.
•     Drink tea with ginger.
•     Eat soft food.
I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.