Chronic Fatigue Immunodeficiency Syndrome with fibromyalgia. Had chickenpox, measles, mumps, scarlatina. Treatment?

I am a female, 58 Dx'd with Chronic Fatigue Immunodeficiency Syndrome w/fibromyalgia almost 18 years ago. Over the years, I have exhibited symptoms of Lyme disease. I have a history of many tick bites as a child. I had chickenpox, measles, mumps, scarlatina. I have researched some on Lyme, and studied it in microbiology last semester. I have almost all of the symptoms. I have been ill most all summer with extreme fatigue, severe sweats, nodules that appear on my extremeties, low grade fever daily, arthritic symptoms, brain fog, inability to put sentences together at times, feeling off balance, ongoing sleep difficulty at night, and on and on... Any ideas?
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not likely to be Lyme’s, more like chronic fatigue syndrome

Detailed Answer:
Your symptoms definitely fit into the spectrum of chronic fatigue syndrome with fibromyalgia.
As lyme’s disease may also have similar symptoms but it has more objective clinical symptoms like - when it causes arthritis there is warmth, swelling and pain with limitation of movement in large joints like knees.
In addition, the neurological symptoms are serious conditions like meningitis, encephalitis and neuropathies.
In addition, Lyme’s needs to be confirmed by antibody tests by ELISA and Western blot against B.burgdorferi.
Therefore, I suggest we concentrate on the fatigue syndrome with medication and graded exercises and cognitive behavioral therapy.