Cholestral 140, HDL 59. What does the findings indicate?

Infertility Specialist
Cholestral 140 , HDL 59 ,ldl 72, cholestrol /HDL ratio is 2.4 low ?? Is this bad ? 2nd time this waa low in 3 months? Does this meaning anything? Please help

Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Your cholesterol as well as HDL and LDL levels are normal.

2) The Cholesterol to LDL ratio is low means you have lower chance of heart disease. Because the lower the ratio, lower the chance of heart disease.

3) Hence it is good news and not to get worried.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Cholestral 140, HDL 59. What does the findings indicate? 13 minutes later
Wow i saw thatvit was lower than XXXXXXX range and figured that may need to be addressed. Thanks for your prompt reply
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please write review

Detailed Answer:

You are healthy. Dont worry. If you are happy with my answer, please accept my answer and write a review.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol