Cholesterol test high value, no heart disease. Father died of lung cancer. Is the high cholesterol dangerous?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 2 hours later
Hi there. Thank you for posting your question. I will do my best to help you.
It depends a bit. Was this a true fasting serum cholesterol or random? If it was a truly fasting sample then 6.9 is a bit high. If, on the other hand, it was taken after a Full English Breakfast then it's normal.
To answer your question: No, in my opinion you do not need to worry. I happen to believe that Statins are a major international industry, generating billions of dollars annually at the behest of the multinational pharmaceutical giants, aided and abetted by the medical profession.
If you do not have a history of "familial hypercholesterolaemia" and you do not have any symptoms of CAD(Caronory Artery disease) or hypertension, then I would not worry and I would give the statins a miss.
Just like anyone else. Be sensible. Take lots of exercise. Eat lots of fruit and veg and avoid the Full you-know-what like the plague.
I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.
Dr Andrew Rynne.
People also viewed
- Is 197 cholesterol level high
- Metronidazole black patches on lips
- Scabs on lips turning black
- Black marks on lips
- Heart murmur with high cholesterol
- How dangerous is high cholesterol
- Cholesterol 198 hdl 61 ldl114 normal
- Hdl cholestrol is 201
- Black spots on lips from smoking weed
- What is dangerously high cholesterol
- Is 201 high cholesterol
- Larg piens black men
- High cholesterol lab values
- Link between high cholesterol and heart disease
- Hdl 36 ldl 194