Choking sensation in throat, sour liquid discharge in mouth, weakness. Prescribed Nexpro. Please advise

My son is having choking sensation in the throat and gets sour liquids from the mouth when he gets up early in the morning. he also complains of weakness. Doctor has prescribed Nexpro-rd 40 1 cap in the morning on empty stomach. pls advise.
Posted Sat, 22 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 29 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

It seems that your son might have gastro esophageal reflux. This is giving rise to watering from mouth and chocking sensation in the throat. He might have gastritis or hyper acidity associated too. This can be confirmed with an endoscopy.

Continue giving Nexpro rd 40 once daily. If symptoms do not improve consult a gastroenterologist/endoscopist for endoscopy.

It is also essential to avoid fried, chillies and junk food. Take milk, buttermilk, curd, rice - they help.

Hope, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask; I will be happy to help.

Wish your son speedy recovery.