Chokes easily and cant drink. Blood has thickened. Can Thickit be used for liquid drinks with warfarin?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Can I use Thickit for my dads liquid drinks when he is on warfin? He chocks easy and cant drink without it. His blood is thicker now and was wondering if Thickit would cause problems?
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can take thickit

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

Thickit is used for patients with dysphasia or who have difficulty in swallowing, there is no interaction of this with warfarin [warfin].So you can safely take thickit for your dad it will not cause any problem.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.