Chocked while eating. Now unable to swallow saliva. How to get relief?

ENT Specialist
I choked earlier eating dinner now i can't swallow my own saliva I keep gagging and vomiting
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query and after considering your medical history it appears as you are sensitive to muscle protein of that particular animal. Therefore as soon as you take it allergic reactions sets in and ultimately there appears swelling in your throat which hurts you and swallowing becomes difficult.

Mostly these type of allergies subsides by itself in due course of time except angioneurotic oedema which may becomes fatal some times.Now to get relief you may take-

(a) Steroid- Like tab Medrol (16 mg).

(b) Tab cetrizine (10 mg).

In future try to avoid meat of that particular animal in your meals.

Follow-up: Chocked while eating. Now unable to swallow saliva. How to get relief? 28 minutes later
I can not swallow anything I have tried now it seems as if something is stuck. I am not if it's possible and still be able to breathe.
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 3 hours later

Welcome in H.C.M. for reconsultation.

If your throat is so much choaked that you feel difficulty in breathing and you have feeling of as some thing is stuck in your throat, so there is possibility of stuck bone piece from meat in your throat. This is an emergency situation so it will be better to approach to an ENT doctor for urgent examination and treatment.

Wishing a speedy recovery.