Child's room has a strong, sour and pungent smell inspite of keeping it clean. Any sign of ill health?

My son's room has had a strong, sour or pungent smell lately. We are keeping it clean, changing his sheets often. But the smell is over powering. Is this something that could be coming from a health condition?
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
First of all it is very important to find the source of smell.
If the smell in room is because of some health condition,then you can also smell the same by being near to him.
The other way is to Shift your son to some other room and then feel the smell in both rooms.
It should tell whether the problem is in the room or in the son.
If he first room smells then problem is in the room and if the second room smells then smell could be from your son.
Please try identifying the source.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Child's room has a strong, sour and pungent smell inspite of keeping it clean. Any sign of ill health? 25 minutes later
Thank you for your quick response. I found the source. I just about tore the room apart to find it. It was a bag of leftover easter basket contents stashed away in his dresser drawer!! Oh my goodness.. It was the Easter eggs. How gross. I am just relieved it's not HIM! lol Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later
Thanks god.
You were able to find the source.
It is really wonderful to get rid of such a big tension.
You are most welcome to ask any other query any time.
Follow-up: Child's room has a strong, sour and pungent smell inspite of keeping it clean. Any sign of ill health? 12 hours later
Thanks again Dr. Gupta! While we are on the subject of my son..

Any helpful hints on getting my son interested in excersing without making him feel bad about himself? He's very sensitive and I don't want to make him feel bad by saying he's overweight. I tread lightly on the subject but need to address it.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Indeed it is a very sensitive issue but it has definitely to be discussed with him.
Over weight children tend to become overweight adults and this puts them at higher risk of getting heart problems and diabetes.
Be a good role model for your child as children follow their parents more.
Try to eat good and do exercises yourself 
Start eating healthier.Start eating more of low fat cheese,low fat yoghurt,fresh fruits,green vegetables,whole grain breads,cereals,lean meat,chicken etc.
Take meals with your child and make it a family affair and you set the trend by eating healthy.
Let your child have a proper sleep.
Being overweight could be a deeper issue like loneliness.
Overweight children are generally lonely because they tend to get socially isolated.
So give him company and try to be his good friend.
Try to take your child to family outings and physical activities like long walks or trekking.
Never criticise the eating habits of your child.

I hope it helps.