Child's fever fluctuating, has cold and cough. Prescribed Bicarex and Flexon. Advice for fever?

My daughter 2.10 yrs old is having fever fluctuating between 98 to 100, cold and cough from past 5 days. On consulting with doctor they told chest congestion and flum is there. Doctor gave bicarex,flexon,lazine and mega cv syrups, we are giving these for past 3 days but still the fever is same. Can u advice something.
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 35 minutes later

I can appreciate concern of a father.

There is nothing to worry about.

From the details that you have shared it seems that she is having respiratory tract infection which is very common in this season among children of this age.

The fever is mild. Any antibiotic given starts showing its full effect after 2-3 days. This is the time when fever starts reducing.

The medicines given are fine for this illness. Please continue as advised.

Apart from this please do following which should help.

>Give her plenty of fluids to drink. Hot ones are better like soup, natural things like "Kada" etc.
>Give her light diet. Make sure she eats properly.

If she is playful when there is no fever, eating well, passing urine normally there is nothing to worry.

Just keep regular follow up with your doctor.

I hope this helps.

Wishing her speedy recovery.