Children have stomach pain and vomiting

my 2 kids are having stomach pain and have been vomitting the entire night. We had come to ooty from bangalore and have been in Ooty for 2 days now.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 minutes later

The fact that both your kids are suffering from pain in the stomach and vomiting I suspect unhealthy food of one time being the cause here.

If the children show any signs of infection like fever and continue vomiting then there may be need for them to be shown to a specialist for specific antibiotics to cure the infection.

If you see no fever and vomiting stops then it could be a mechanical upset caused by a faulty undercooked meal .This will heal on own and there would be no need for any medications but care has to be taken in feeding the children. The food should include fresh fruit juices and soft non spicy foods.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow-up: Children have stomach pain and vomiting 2 minutes later
if i had to get this answer i wouldnt have bothered to pay 150.... i wanted some preliminary medication to take care of the chronic stomach pain and stop the vomiting sensation
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 40 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

It would be harmful specially in case of children to advice medication online without examining the children.Also it would be unethical and inappropriate to prescribe you scheduled drugs without doing a proper examination and finding out the exact cause of the problem.

Advising medication is a complex process in children.Facts like their age, weight, nutritional status, examination findings etc have to be known before putting a child on medications.

If you can provide some details like age and weight of the children I shall try to advice on some medications for the problem which are available as over the counter and be dispensed without written prescription.

Waiting for your reply.