Child with yellow mucus coming out of eyes, nose, mild fever and seizure, pain in ear. Advice?

My 1.7 years baby firstly had yellow mucus coming out of eyes for about 4 days. We did not gave any medication and just cleansed the mucus with wet cotton swab. Then as soon as this was over, the yellow mucus started coming out from her nose for about 2-3 days now. Still we did not gave any medication. Yesterday we noticed that she had a pain in her left ear. Today she had a mild fever with very mild seizure for about 2-4 seconds........what shall I do now ? Please advice
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
Thanks for sending your query to us.
There is bacterial infection in the eye and progressing to nasal passage.
What we need now is local anti biotic eye drops e.g.Tobramycine eye drops to be put in 3-4 times a day in both the eyes.
We need oral antibiotics as well.What we prefer in such situations is to give anti biotics to which the child has already been exposed,otherwise Amoxycelline syrup 1/2 tsf three times a day is good enough.
Seizure can again be ignored for the time being as febrile and not to start anti epileptic treatment.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.