Child with stomach ache, no vomiting, fever or diarrhea. Should I consult a doctor?

Hi-my 11 year old daughter is complaining of stomach pain for the last few,days, no vomiting, fever, or diarrhea, but she claims it kept her up last night til 3:00 am. She describes the pain as a heaviness, and that sometimes she gets Sharp cramps that last a.few minutes. She is eating and moving her bowels normally. She is not yet menstruating. Is this an emergency, or can I wait until her 1:45 pm appointment tomorrow with her pediatrician?

Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 24 minutes later
Thanks for the query

As you haven't provided the exact site of the pain so i would take as the pain related to stomach and area below stomach which is often caused by acidity, peptic ulcers and gastritis due to excessive use of junk and fatty foods. It is not as such emergency conditions and can be waited till the appointment time. Antacids and antispasmodics are helpful in such conditions

If the pain is in the lower abdomen that is below the umbilicus lever then i would request for further information regarding intensity, frequency and associated symptoms along with exact site.

The critical abdominal pain is often associated with vomiting and diarrhea or anorexia which is not having so, you can wait till appointment.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask