Child with small knot and redness on scrotum. Is anything serious?

My baby had a small knot and redness on right side of scrotum, he shows no pain or agitation at it. Been a couple days and knot is gone but the redness lingers. Should I take him in if he's showing no discomfort?
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 8 minutes later

Small knots with redness around scrotum are often pustules or infected sebaceous cysts or infected hair roots.

In any case the chance that child may need antibiotics is high. As its the delicate area of infant Please consult a pediatrician for prescription.

At times it's a fungal sore. You can post pictures of the lesions here on this page and those can will help me be more precise and to the point. You can either use the site's uploader (available on this webpage to upload the image) or send it across by email to YYYY@YYYY with the subject line "Attn: Dr. Santosh Kondekar".