Child with recurring headache. What can I give other than tylenol or ibuprofen?

Feb 2013

my 9year old has mono and is complaining of recurring headaches. Is there anything besides tylenol or ibuprofen that he could have? Fiorocet? He weighs 95lbs.
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 28 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

The cause of his recurrent headache to be evaluated.

The causes are migraine, tension headache, and headache related to local problems such as tooth, sinus, and visual acuity problems.

So I advise you to consult a Pediatrician to evaluate the cause for his recurrent headache and its proper medical treatment.

Fiorocet is a combination of acetaminophen, butalbital, and caffeine and needs a prescription from the doctor. And don't use it without your Pediatrician advise.

Many medications are available besides Tylenol or Ibuprofen like naproxen, but the appropriate treatment depends on the cause of headache and correcting the underlying problem and aviding the precipitating factors.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.