Child with joint and muscle pain, swollen glands, itchy rash, rapid pulse and stretch marks. Underlying causing?

Hi, my daughter is nearly 13 years old of average weight and height. She has been suffering for over a year now with joint & muscle pain and fatigue. Gradually she is getting worse and more symptoms are appearing. Swollen glands that come and go, itchy rashes that aren't like her ezcema, rapid pulse rate around 130 some weeks and then down to 97 other weeks, pain when breathing in she says it feels like cold air, she has got alot of purple,red stretch marks over the hips and thighs, but she isn't a big girl. She struggles swallowing her saliva. Sweats during the night but seems to be from her shoulders upwards, her hair is normally wet in the morning. She becomes out of breath after running up the stairs, she used to be extremely fit, but now she is struggling with her dancing and struggling to keep up with her friends. She is barely at school and hardly sees friends as she is always unwell. I look at photos from a year ago and I see how pale she has become and how dark under the eyes. As a parent I am worried sick, I feel she has some hormone problem but don't know what. She's had the routine blood tests and a thyroid test and are ok. Thanks for your help
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 20 minutes later

Based on the clinical features she has, I suspect her to be suffering from a connective tissue disorder. I do not think its due to hormonal problem.

She may have to get tests like XXXXXXX levels, Anti ds DNA levels and complement levels along with enzyme levels.

Best is to consult her treating Rheumatologist with the reports of above mentioned tests.

If possible please do attach an image of her and the lesions she has. I shall have a look and be more specific in my diagnosis.

For asthma she may have to regularly use low dose inhaled steroids and oral Montelukast after consulting her treating doctor

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Waiting for your response,