Child with iron deficiency goes to bowel after meals. Reason?

my son is a patient of iron deficiency and daily he goes to motions after meals, what is the reason, please clarify?
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.
Though there are many causes of iron deficiency and also for increased frequency of bowel movements, one particular thing to be ruled out is malabsorption syndrome especially celiac disease.
An upper GI endoscopy with duodenal biopsy and blood tests for antibodies may be done for evaluation.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini