Child with headache, fever, nasal congestion and white coating on tongue. Taking Tylenol and Ibuprofen. Is this a viral infection?

My 9 year old daughter has had a high fever for the past 2 days- up to 103.2- I am giving her Tylenol and Ibuprofen alternating every 3 yrs. She has congestion, runny nose, headache and a white coating on her tongue. I took her to the after hours when her symptoms began and they stated it was most likely viral. At that time her symptoms were the same with the exception of the white coating on the tongue and the fever had only gotten up to 102. Thank you for your help.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 37 minutes later
Thanks for posting the query
Yes the symptoms suggest that it is a viral fever.
White coating can be seen in fever and is not unusual
Wait for couple of days more,she is going to be alright.
I hope to have answered your query,however any further query is welcome.
Thanks and wish your daughter a speedy recovery.