Child with frontal headaches and fever. Looks tired, pale and have dark circles under eyes. Reason?

My 9 year old daughter is normally fit and well and active. She train and plays football twice a week, runs cross country etc. However the last three/four weeks she is looking tired and pale - dark circles under her eyes even on 12 hrs sleep a night. She feels sick daily and feels sick if she exerts herself. She also suffers from frontal headaches and occasional high temps. Over the last month we have made sure She takes a daily vitamin, drinks plenty and eats small amounts every couple of hours, but with no change. Symptoms are so vague I'm not sure my gp will take me seriously .
Posted Sun, 10 Feb 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 8 minutes later
Hi ,
Thank you for writing to us. Please do not panic.
Your child is suffering from exertional fatigue.
Dark circles though have no relationship with stress but they are usually seen when the child is overstreching herself.
Anemia can also cause these symptoms especially if her periods have begun.
Give her lots of rest, nutritional food and an Tablet omeprazole 20 mg once daily in the morning for a fortnight.
Dark circles can be lessened by applying a Vitamin E cream under her eyes.
If the symptoms persists please ask your GP to perform some tests on her. We would need a complete blood count to start with.
Hope she will be well soon.
If you have any further queries, do let me know.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing your child a speedy recovery.