Child with fever, vomiting, lethargy and limited appetite. What could be done?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
hello, I have an 11 month old that developed a fever yesterday of around 101.6. along with lethargy and limited appetitie. She has been sleeping on and off since yesterday afternoon. Have keep the fever down to around 99 with tylanol and she has some liquids. formula and water mixed with a little fruit juice. she has spit up twice, but I would say vomit. It appears that she does have a stomach ache and seems to fill up quite quickly with the liquids. I have not given her any solids since yesterday morning. Any idea of what this could be?
Posted Wed, 27 Feb 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 14 minutes later
Welcome to HCM!

What you describe in your daughter looks like viral infection.
However to be sure ,you have to show her to a pediatrician or ER so that they can examine her clinically and rule out throat infection.
Normally for viral infections what you are doing is appropriate!
Tylenol to reduce temp,and plenty of fluids to take care of hydration and anti histamine like benadryl if there is running nose.

But at least once let the doctor examine her and then you can be sure.
Good luck

God bless

Dr uma