Child with fever and skin rashes. Treatment?

Hi my 25 month old has a temperture of 95.5 degrees and rashes/small welts on body
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Idris Shariff 1 hour later

As i can gather from your query your kid has a wheal/welt kind of rash on her body and though you mention the temp of 95.5 Farenheit, I would assume it that she could be having a fever as you have mentioned that you are giving her Tylenol. Do correct me if I am wrong.

I would need some more information from your side to arrive at some conclusion to guide you better. The above information isn't sufficient for me to give you a proper advice.

I would like to know the following details from you:

1. Vaccination status of the child
2. Any cold, cough, runny nose or any other associated symptoms?
3. Fever if present with a record of the temperatures if you could provide.
4. Site of the rash, if possible a picture of the same could be ideal.
5. Any itching/burning with the rash?
6. Any other medications used in the recent past?
7. If possible also check if the rash is blanching (disappears on applying pressure with a finger and re-appears on removing the pressure)

Looking forward for the answer to these so that we can help you better.

Best Regards,