Child with fever. Given ibugesic plus and paracatemol. What should be done?

Hi doc,My daughter is 1yr and 3 months,AND her weight is 11kgs and she had a temperature reading of 102.4 F when checked under the arm.We were initially giving 7ml of panadol(each 5 ml contains 120 mg of paracetamol)The fever hardly reduced to 102.2F then after 4hrs we gave her ibugesic plus of 2.5ml(ibugesic plus each 5 ml Contains Ibuprofen ip..........100mg , Paracatemol......162.5mg is the dosage right cause the fever has only come down to 102F WHEN CHECKED UNDER THE ARM.Plz help.....
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 2 hours later

Thanks for your query..

Since even after taking syrup the temperature is not reducing, you please try out the following
1. Tepid sponging: With body warm water do sponging for whole body and let the water evaporate on its own after sponging. This will reduce the temperature.
2. Paracetamol suppository is available. If fever does not subside then insert suppository per rectum. The absorption will be good per rectally and it will help.
3. You can give 4 ml of ibugesic plus syrup.
4. Keep feeding her milk, fluids. Don't stop feeding her.
5. Put only cotton correctly/slightly loose fitting dress.

6. For fever, based on the cause further medication like antibiotic is required. Kindly consult your doctor for further examination, its diagnosis and management.

Hope I answered your question. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.