Child with dry skin and acne. Not cured by aveeno lotion. Looking for effective remedy

Pediatrician
Question
hi, my son is 3 1/2 months old now, he getting some dry skin baby ance ( doctor said it is heat rash ) , he got it since over 1 month ago, and i put vaserline on his face before, it helped, but just come and go, didnt clear up all, so i switch to aveeno lotion, it doesnt make it worse, it moister the skin, but doesnt really clear up, i dont know did i use too much on him or what, so im still using it, since doctor told me to put baby lotion on him, and lower the temperture in the house, less bath him, it looked better feww days ago but then some came back today, and it starting to go down to his shoulder, upper back, uncomfortable for him so he keep rubbing it, so , my question is, should i keep using the lotion on him? and how many time can i put it on him? or should i back to use the vaseline? and can i use aveeno wash and shampoo on his face? cuz i heard mild soap will help ? and due to winter season, are those XXXXXXX go away or it XXXXXXX stay like this for a while?it not that red when he is asleep, but get worse when he rub it, i tried not to let him but cant prevent 24hours of him rubbing, the bleeding on the picture when from him scatching,
Posted Thu, 24 Jan 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

I think you need use only a mild soap and the vaseline. It appears that because of the cold, dry weather the skin requires hydration which vaseline helps in maintaining. Liberal use of vaseline is going to help you.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing your baby all the best.

RKK

Follow-up: Child with dry skin and acne. Not cured by aveeno lotion. Looking for effective remedy 35 minutes later
thank you so much, i'll try that

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

I feel happy that I have been able to provide appropriate guidance

Do revert back for any guidance.

RKK

Follow-up: Child with dry skin and acne. Not cured by aveeno lotion. Looking for effective remedy 8 hours later
my son started coughing 2 days ago, and it getting more often since last night, since today is sunday, i cant take him to his dr. , can i jus give him the over counter cough med?

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 4 hours later

Thank you for your query.

Yes, you can give him over the counter cough syrup 1 to 1.5 ml. three times a day. Kindly also ensure that the feeding bottles are properly sterilized before use.

If someone in the family has cough then that person should take appropriate treatment.

If the cough does not improve in the next day or two then an examination by the doctor is warranted.

I hope I have responded to your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts of the case.

Wishing your son a speedy recovery.

RKK