Child with dark tear ducts , spreading into the white part of eyeball. What can be done?

the inside of my daughters eyelids and the tear ducts are very dark this is now spreading onto the white part of the eyeball. Is this a big problem? and what can be done about it?
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
My Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
This looks like a small hemorrhage.If so then she will not have any symptom.This is supposed to be asymptomatic.
This resolves on its own.Does not require any treatment.
For her previous issue of picking in the eye,lubricant eye drops may be useful.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.