Child was having wax cleaned out of ear and hydrogen peroxide dripped into eyes. Suggest?

Feb 2013

mY 12 year old was having wax cleaned out of his ears at an urgent care and some of the hydrogen peroxide solution dripped into his eye last night. they irrigated it with saline, sent us home with more and we did it 2x more last night and today. Looks much better but tonight he complained of a "dull ache" in that eye. We irrigated it again and he said/ it felt a little better. No blurred vision or light sensitivity. What else can I do for him?
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Irrigation.Observe him for eye irritation symptoms

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Nothing to worry as the child feels better and there is no blurring of vision or light sensitivity.

The dull ache in that eyes is because of local irritation. If he is complaining of irritation you can irrigate his eye with normal saline or cool purified water.

Observe the child for the following findings:

1.Redness of eye.

2.Watering or any discharge from the eye.

3.Stickening of eye lids.

4.Any disturbance in the vision of that eyes or light sensitivity.

5.Increase or persistence of irritation.

If you find any above findings, I suggest you to consult the ophthalmologist for the examination.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.