Child was given Hep B vaccine. Had taken Twinrix vacine. Should I be concerned?

Hi my 11 year old child was given the Hep B vaccine at school and had received Twinrix vacine (3 stages) in 2004 should i be concerned?

Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
no reason to concern.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Vac. Twinrix includes immunisation against both hepatitis A and B. He has received complete dose schedule including booster doses. In addition to it he has also received hepatitis B immunisation.
Considering his age he is well immunised to date. So there is no reason to worry or concern about anything.
It will be very helpful if you can mention any specific reason for concern like recent illness or traveling etc. Otherwise I think everything is fine.

Looking forward for your response.

Follow-up: Child was given Hep B vaccine. Had taken Twinrix vacine. Should I be concerned? 45 hours later
Thank you for your answer. My concern was because the Hep B was given on October 08/13 @ school in error. Because was immunized and now received a 2nd vacine I wanted to confirm that there were no medical concerns today or in the future for my son. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 46 hours later
Brief Answer:
no medical concern

Detailed Answer:
Hi, welcome back.
Immunization gives only antigen which causes antibodies to form without causing disease. It means it gives protection against that particular disease. So even though he is getting second dose no need to worry about that.
It will not any harm in future. It is protection against hepatitis B infection.
So no need to worry about anything. Hope I have answered your query.