Child vomitting, no fever and other illness. What can be the reason, advise?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
My 2 yrs old daughter is vomiting frequently since last todays. She is active and no sign of fever are any illness. can you please let me know what might be the reason.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. K. C. Pant 6 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

I think your baby is having a problem called "Gastro esophageal reflux disease" or GERD
in short.

Please see that she is not over fed. You may give Domperidone syrup empty stomoch twice a day about 2ml each time. Also see that food or milk is good quality one. Give this treatment for a week. Get her LFT [liver function test ] done.

I am sure she is going to be alright. Do not worry and let me know the developments.

Follow-up: Child vomitting, no fever and other illness. What can be the reason, advise? 13 hours later
Thanks for your suggestion Doctor,

My daughter likes eating paper. whenever she sees a paper, she tries to eat it also she tries to eat wood as well.

how can we avoid it, is there any medicine for this.

what would be the reason for this kind of behavior.

Answered by Dr. K. C. Pant 52 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

Your child has a condition called Pica and this is often suggestive of a deficiency of iron, calcium and zinc. She needs supplementation with iron, zinc and calcium under the guidance of her paediatrician. This needs to be started when the vomiting is controlled.
Also, please give her a healthy and balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables.
I hope I have addressed your concerns.