Child vomiting entire meals, no fever. Had projectile spitups and pyloricstenosis was negative. Suggest?

My 8 month old son has been projectile vomiting entire meals. This happened once two weeks ago, once last week, and three times today. No fever, and he's otherwise quite happy. (I can't begin to describe what a large, large amount of vomit is coming out). When he was 2 months old, he had projectile spitup and was evaluated for pyloric stenosis which was negative, and that resolved. This is out of the blue.

He started on solid foods at 4 months. He generally eats 2-3 solids a day which are a mixture of a fruit, vegetable, and cereal. Grains have been rice, oat, brown rice, and mixed grain. The mixed grain is a newer addition to his diet, but I don't think there's a correlation. He nurses 3x a day and has a formula bottle (enfamil gentlease) 3-4 times a day. This has been the case since he was 6 months (2 months ago).
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 44 minutes later

I understand your concern.

Relax,since he is a happy child there is nothing to worry.

I suggest you to do some dietary modifications;
-Give small amount of meals at a time.
-keep head end elevated after meals for 15 to 20 minutes.
-decrease amount of liquids.
-stop mixed grains for few days.

Watch his activity/urine output/weight gain

If symptoms persist, get him evaluated by pediatrician to rule out any reflux for which ranitidine will be helpful.

Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any other question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your baby good health.

God bless..