Child vomiting after having bird food. What is the treatment?

My 9 year old parakeet scared me this morning, when she began as if she had something caught in her throat. she then preceded to vomit several times. I have taken her away from the food dish, since I think ( because its a new brand of bird food, that may be the cause. I plan on getting some food with only very small seeds in it later today. The feathers around her beak area are wet and matted.She has been inactive all day. What is baytril?I read on line it is for sick birds.
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Might be due to choking Detailed Answer: Dear sir/madam Welcome to healthcare magic Foreign body sensation or sudden onset of symptoms after ingesting bones or non vegetarian foods might be due to choking of airway pipe by bone or a meat piece.. Since she has a history of fatty tumour, choking chances are more. It occurs due to blockage of wind pipe by bone fragment or muscle pieces.. The sudden procedure to relieve is to give a thump in the back and jerky pressure over chest and abdomen from the back till the choking object comes out. Secondly she should be rushed to hospital to prevent asphyxia that is loss of oxygen levels If she has any impacted bone piece than we need to remove it.. Best way to prevent is to check the size of the object while eating, avoiding hard objects like bone pieces will decrease the chances of choking Hope this information is helpful Thanks