Child vomited twice and it is acidic. Suggest the medication?

My son is 10 month old and is getting his teeth. Today he vomited thrice and last time it was acidic. Can you please advise if there are some preventive medicine that I can give him. Also some more information please
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 10 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear

Welcome to the platform of health care magic.

Dear Friend ,Teething does not cause any problem except the irrtation in the gums.
To releive the irrtiation child tries to put every thing/fingers in his mouth to relive that unusual feeling.What ever he puts in his mouth is usually is infected especially in rainy season.

These infected articles inside the mouth cause lot of infection to their stomach and thus they use to suffer with vomitngs and loose motions. because of infection they also many times develop fever.
*Wash hands of the babay hourly basis./hand sanitisers may also be tried.
*Prevent him from putting of the fingers and other articles inside the mouth.
*To releive his gum irritation you can your self massage his gums by cleaned fingers with honey or astrigent gel available in the market like zytee gel etc.

Hope the query is answered

Follow-up: Child vomited twice and it is acidic. Suggest the medication? 1 hour later
Thank you for your advice, will follow that. But what I would like to know is what is the rain for the acidity. We have not changed his food and it is the same for last three months. Is a acidity normal in these times?

He does not take outside milk and my wife breastfeed him at nights. He eats khichdi with vegetable for lunch and dinner and vegetable soup, oats, ragi, saboodana with milk in morning and evening.
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is normal to have some acid in vomitings.

Detailed Answer:

Gastric juices/acid is the necessity for the human body for the proper digestion of food material.

During vomiting, initially the food contents come out and later on what ever is present (gastric juices,acid) in the stomach it comes out till the stomach is empties (till the urge for vomiting persist). This is quite acceptable.

You can give some antacid gel like digene gel one or two spoon three four times off and on.

Please feel free to clarify more.