Child took high dosage of ZandD syrup. Not behaving abnormally. Will this cause any side effect?

Hello sir.
By mistake my 3yrs old daughter have taken approx 10 ml of Z&D syrup in one shot.( Approx 12:30 PM)
Her usual dose is 1 ml per day as per the doctors suggestion.
what can be side effect. what we should do now.
Till Now she is not feeling any uneasiness. But we are afraid its 01:25 AM
please advice.

Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Prasad 7 hours later

I apologize for the delayed response. I was in an emergency with a patient and was unable to access XXXXXXX

Z and D syrup is known to contain zinc and vitamin supplements. Theoretically over dosage of it can cause hypervitaminosis; however my pediatric colleagues say that they are yet to see such cases at their clinics

Therefore to be on the safer side, I would recommend the child be monitored at your doctor’s office / emergency room for the next 24 to 36 hours.

Let me know if you need any more information.