Child took crumbs of Lipitor. Could not maker her vomit. Anything more we should do?

My 2.5 year old got a hold of a half a pill of Lipitor from the pill cutter and started to bite on the edges before we caught her. It looks like she may have only gotten a few crumbs from the edges in her mouth and we found it on her teeth and wiped it off. My husband gave her some milk and tried to get her to vomit and no success in terms of vomiting. Anything more we should do?
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 11 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern.

Please do not worry about the problem. Lipitor is quite a safe drug. And ingestion in small amounts would not cause any problem in your child. Just watch for a few signs like extreme weakness and tiredness in your child, complaints of stomach cramps, muscle pain, diarrhea and extreme vomiting.

But, most probably she is absolutely fine.

If in doubt, get her examined by a physician once.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for your follow up queries if any.