Child took Piriton instead of Calcough accidentally. Will he be okay?

an hour ago I accidentally gave my 5 year old grandson a 10ml dose of Piriton as the bottle looked like Calcough. He'snot had any other medication recently. Will he be ok?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
10ml dose of piriton is not very high dose for a five year old child. At this dose the child is not going to have any problem except for an increased sedation.
Please do not worry. Your grandson will be alright. Be careful in future while taking or giving any medication. If your grandson has taken piriton earlier without any problem then this dose is not a matter of concern.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.