Ask a Dentist   »  

Child teeth is effected by germs. How to get rid of it?

Hello Doctor.. My daugther 6 yr old her teeth is effected by germs..kindly sugest for better qure.
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 32 hours later

I will be glad to answer all your questions, but I would like you to know some more details like,

Are your daughter's teeth decayed?
Which teeth have decay?
Does she have pain in teeth ?

Young children usually get decay if the oral hygiene is not proper, or they tend to eat candies at frequent intervals, or bottle feeding at night is a very common cause.

Kindly help your daughter brush her teeth with a soft tooth brush two times a day , also at this age we advise fluoride application on the teeth for children which can be done by the dentist . It is a very short procedure and helps protect the teeth against decay.

Do not worry, being 6 yr old your daughter still has milk teeth which will shed off followed by permanent teeth.

If timely treatment is provided, your daughters permanent teeth will be free from dental decay.

I hope this answer was useful,
I would be glad to answer your follow up questions if any,
I wish you and your daughter good health.