Child taking Prozac and Vyvanse. How much is considered an overdose?

In a 13 yearold boy, 97lbs on 30mg of Prozac and 50mg of Vyvanse, how much of one of them would require calling 911
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Radhika 35 minutes later

At this time, if you are even remotely considering taking an overdose, I would request you to visit the Emergency room as soon as possible and get yourself evaluated.
The fatal dose of Prozac and Vyvanase is not known.
Prozac (which contains fluoxetine) is known to cause an increased risk of suicidal tendencies. The symptoms of overdosage of fluoxetine can be nausea, vomiting, agitation, tremor, drowsiness and seizures. It can not only be fatal but prolonged seizures can cause permanent damage to your brain may occur.
Vyvanase contains lisdexamfetamine dimesylate. Further, an overdose of Vyvanase can be fatal. Overdose symptoms may include restlessness, tremor, muscle twitches, rapid breathing, confusion, hallucinations, panic, aggressiveness, muscle pain or tenderness, muscle weakness, fever or flu symptoms, and dark colored urine

I would again urge you to visit the emergency as soon as possible or talk to a loved one so that this situation can be immediately addressed.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Wish you good health and speedy recovery.