Child taking Augmentin for ear infection. Has fever. Taken Tylenol. Help

My daughter is 10 months old and on augmentin for an ear infection. It is her 3rd round of antibiotics in the last 2 months, first was for an ear infection, then pneumonia, now another ear infection. The first two were treated with amox. She has been on the Augmentin for 3 days and tonight has a fever of 102.5 an hour after I've given her tylenol it hasn't gone down. Her temp has never been this high even when she had pertussis at 5 months.
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 10 minutes later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I do understand your concern.
Recureent infections needing antibiotics is a concern.
There is nothing to get panicked by the way.
I hope the doctor has done some blood tests this time.
Ear infections in this age group are common if there are recurrent attacks of cold/blocked nose.
She might have a trend of allegy as there is positive family history.
A course of monteleukast may help after consulting your doctor.
Ear infection will take some time.Please sponge your baby if the fever is not coming down.
Consult your doctor if the problem persists.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Follow-up: Child taking Augmentin for ear infection. Has fever. Taken Tylenol. Help 5 minutes later
I believe it answered my question for now. Should I wait to take her back to the Doctor? She is sleeping right now, should I keep waking her up to take her temperature? She was shivering when I was trying to give her a bath in lukewarm and shivering if I don't have her covered.
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 3 minutes later
Never wake up a sleeping child and take temperature.You can switch on your AC and keep it at 28C.That will reduce her fever.
Sponge her in normal water if she persists to have fever.
Please check the dosage of tylenol with your doctor.