Child taken varicella and MMR vaccination. Has frequent vomiting. Due to vaccine?

Hi, Today my 15 months old baby got vaccinated with Vericella vaccination & MMR vaccination, she is now having frequent vomiting. what ever diet she takes is getting vomited.

please do suggest me is this because of vaccination.Thank you Doctor.

Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 hours later

Vomiting is a common side effect when babies are vaccinated. There is no need to panic now.

Your baby may also have 1 or 2 episodes of loose stools and may run mild grade fever. Do not worry; she would be fine soon in a day or two.

Meanwhile, you may give her Electral or ORS water to drink. The Electral packet is available over the counter in the pharmacy. Please buy a XXXXXXX and mix the content in one litre of boiled and cooled water and give her frequently to drink. This will replenish her water and electrolytes.

As I said, please do not worry. She will be fine soon.

Please let me know if you have more concerns.