Child swallowed a crispito. Feeling scratch in throat and having pain in chest. Taking Gaviscon. How long will it take to heal?

My son swallowed a crispito with a sharp edge on Saturday. He felt it scratch his throat when it went down. He is still having pain in his chest today (Tuesday night) when he swallows anything including water. He has been taking Gaviscon to try to lessen the pain, but it doesn't seem to help much. In fact, he says it is hurting worse each day. Should I take him to a doctor tomorrow, or is it normal for it to take this long to heal?
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your query i will like to tell you that in my opinion you should seek medical advise as soon as possible .

Although it is right that such lesions take time to heal and even after healing the sensation persists sometimes for few days but still any XXXXXXX injury needs to be ruled out and as you mentioned that the pain is increasing rather than decreasing that means he should seek medical help .

May be he will require xylocaine viscous for pain which is a local anesthetic agent and will soothe the throat .

Dr. Shruti