Child suffering from urinary infection. Have RBC particles, pus cells, esinophils present in urine. Suggestion?

Feb 2013

my child only 3 years is suffering from urinary infection . she is having plenty of RBC particles, pus cells 4-5 ,esinophils and albumin are present in urine...she is under medication since three days. IS it a major problem? Please suggest ...solution
Before this she (3 years) was suffered from lymph nodes enlargement in stomach which was cured...After that with in 2 days she got urine infection...followed by fever , stomach pain and now these RBC ,pus cells 4-5 and albumin are present in urine...please suggest the solution , It a major problem?
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Antibiotic. not a major problem

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Urinary infections are common in girls because of short urethra which makes girls easily prone for infections.

Urinary tract infection is treated by a course of antibiotic.

Before starting an antibiotic emperically, urine should be given for culture and sensitivity.

Urine culture and sensitivity test will detect the causative bacteria and its sensitivity to specific antibiotic so that an appropriate antibitic can be given.

Nothing to worry as it is not a major problem and it can be treated with a course of antibiotic.

Consult the Pediatrician for clinical correlation of urine report and for ordering further investigation of urine for culture and sensitivity and to start antibiotic.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.