Child suffering from repetitive fever and cough. Suggest some medicine and precaution to be taken?

My baby is suffring with fever of 103 deg F and she is in medium cough also.It was happened previously before 25 also.
At that time I shown her to a child specialist. He suggested me: 1. p-250 suspension 2. G-D-Coryl syrup 3.Deeclav-Duo (dry syrup)
But did not shown much effect on her. Meanwhile i used wet cloth to lower the fever.After 3.5 days the fever is lowered.
Five days before she sufferd with same symptones. and fever is now seems repitative nature.

hence i request you to suggest suitable medicine and precautions to be taken related to her diet.
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 40 minutes later
Your child is having recurrent fever which means he is having some sort of infection, possibly typhoid or malaria. To help me guide you better, please answer the following questions:
a.      Is the fever is continuous or intermittent type( fever comes and goes in a day)?
b.     Does your child have sputum or not in the cough?
c.     Does he have any rash on the body or inside the mouth?
To suggest suitable medications, we will need to do some tests like:
•     Typhi.DOT and blood culture to rule out typhoid
•     Blood Smear for Malarial parasite as these diseases are most common these days.
As of now, you can do sponging and give him paracetamol syrup. If you let me know his weight, I can guide you about the dose of the syrup.
Also, please speak with your physician about switching the drug to cefixime which should be more effective against such infections.
Awaiting your reply
Dr. M Ishfaq Habib
Follow-up: Child suffering from repetitive fever and cough. Suggest some medicine and precaution to be taken? 1 hour later
Dear Dr,

The answer to questions are:
a. the fever is intermittent type
b. its dry cough.
c. no rash
she weighs 10.22 kg. pl suggest paracetamol syrup dosage and other medicine.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 28 minutes later
Thanks for the reply
You can give paracetamol 1 teaspoon 2-3 times day. For intermittent fever, it is better to have Blood smear test for malarial parasite and the other test i have already mentioned above. Additionally also do urine analysis for recommended in children especially ciprofloxacin should be avoided. After the reports, proper drug can be prescribed as malarial fever do not respond to antibiotics and antimalarial are helpful for such type fever.
Feel free to contact for further queries

Dr. M Ishfaq Habib