Child suffering from high fever, headache and stomach ache. Widal test done. Treatment?

Feb 2013

my son is 10 years old and is sufering from high fever, headache and stomach ache. His widal test , serum report is S typhi O - 1:20 , H - 1.80 , AH - 1:20 and BH - 1:20 . So what treatment is recommended.
Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 55 minutes later
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,
Before giving you advise, I need some information related to his fever.
What is the duration of fever
Is child having cold, cough, or throat pain?
Is child having vomitings or loose motions?
Is there burning micturition or frequency of urination?
I need the information to know the focus of infection causing the fever.
The widal test is negetive and not suggestive of typhoid fever.
For fever and headache, you can give paracetamol in prescribed dosage (depends on child weight) every 6th or 8 th hourly depending on the presence of fever or headache.
If there is high grade fever, you can do tepid sponging of the whole body with XXXXXXX warm water till the temperature decreases.
Give plenty of oral fluids to maintain hydration.
Soft diet and proper rest is advised.
Consult your Pediatrician for the examination of your son and to advise specific treatment.
Hope I have answered your query, and kindly furnish the information I have asked in the follow up query.