Child suffering from fever due to tonsillitis. Gave crocin and meftal but fever not subsiding. Suggest?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Hi doctor,
My son 9 yrs old is suffering with fever 102 due to tonsillitis infection. I gave Crosin but no effect so after a gap of 2hrs have given meftal suspension 10ml. Is it ok .still his fever has not subsided after help

Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 32 minutes later
Thanks for contacting health care WWW.WWWW.WW I hope you have confirmed with your doctor that it is tonsillitis .
If so, please give paracetamol at 15 mg per kg per dose every 4 hours.
You can give meftal but only once in 8 hours.
Please consult your doctor for antibiotic prescription if fever doesn't settle.
I usually prescribe amoxicillin and clavulanic acid for tonsillitis.
You can sponge his entire body with XXXXXXX warm water to help in reducing his temperature.
Wishing your kid a speedy recovery.
Dr Arun