Child suffering from fever, cold and chest congestion. Blood test showing high WBC. What is the next step?

My daughter is 2 years old. She was suffering from fever cold and chest congestion from last 15 days. I visited doctor and he advised blood test. Her wbc is 16.2 x 10*9/L. Dic said wbc is high, so he is giving injection " amikacin sulphate - zekacin" 150 daily for five days. Tab - cifixime Cyrup - terbutaline sulphate, ambroxol hydrochloride, guaiphenesin and chlorpheniramine maleate, ammonium chloride, phenylephrine hydrochloride, sodium citrate menthol. She is still suffering for same now doc said we need to admit her. Please help. What shoud I do and what to follow. Please help
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Admit in Hospital.Do Blood culture, Sputum test Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It is better to admit her and do further investigations like 1. Urine routine 2. Blood and Urine culture. 3. Sputum Examination to rule Out Tuberculosis. 4. Ultrasound abdomen and pelvis. As WBC count is increased, it is mostly due to Infections. Some times Urinary tract infection goes unnoticed in Children and detected in last. Rarely it may also be due to Blood cancer in Children Please redo the Blood investigations to check whether there is any change in WBC Count. Thus I advise you admit in a Hospital and Do further investigations. Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries. Wishing you good health.