Child suffering from fever and little cough. What can I do to reduce the fever?

Feb 2013

Hi, my son who is 11 years old, weight 150lb having a fever off and on 2 times a day the last 2 day(up to 102 degree) and a little cough. What can I do to bring down the fever until I can take him to the doctor tomorrow morning?
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Give oral Tylenol.Tepid sponges with lukewarm water.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Give paracetamol containing medication such as Tylenol in prescribed dose (approximately 500mg) every 6th hourly depending on the presence of fever to bring it down.

Do tepid sponging of his whole body with lukewarm water if there is high grade fever.

Maintain his hydration by giving adequate amounts of oral fluids.

Get him examined by his doctor to look for the focus of infection and for specific treatment.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.