Child suffering from fever. Not getting cured by medicines. What treatment should be done?

My son aged 4 on 19th Aug 2012 had S typhi O & H 1:160 both. He is under classical treatment. He was given his wholistic medicine sulphur 1m and daily 3 times Sulphur 200, his temperature XXXXXXX to 106 and very slowly came down like 105..104…103…102.2…101..100 and so on till 16 hours. After 10 days it was once agian checked it was 1:80 & 1:20 respectively. Then again after another 20 days i.e., 16th sep 2012 it was checked it was 1:80 both. History he got typhoid first time on 8-3-2012 O&H 1:160 both, same remedy was given, same his temperature XXXXXXX to 106 and very slowly came down like 105..104…103…102.2…101..100 and so on till 16 hours, but when it was low grade fever, baptisia 200- conventional medicine was given twice with a gap of 25 days. After 3 months i.e., mar, april, may 12, in the month of XXXXXXX 2nd week he was having cough, this cough recurred 4 times after medication with a gap of 12-15 days, sometimes fever suddenly come and go like 100 or 101 or rise to 104 and come down slowly. But all the time the wholistic medicine was given, by 4-5 days he would become alright and again after 10-15 days it would relapse i.e., cough with sticky gummy cold in the chest like, it was a very severe cough- 10 times per minute. After that 19th august I have started above. But now that type cough is not there, yesterday he had suddenly fever 100 at 4pm and after 30 minutes it came down to 99. Pls tell me your opinion and medication. Should I continue classical treatment or what to do.
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 7 hours later
Welcome to Health care magic
Your son has a history of typhoid and that is not treated well so case has turned to chronic that's why most of the ailment are appearing again and again.Make sure that he is not exposed at cold weather.Homoeopathy is best known in chronic case so you can start with homoeopathy

1 Pyroginum 30 6 pills once in a day for 7 days (for fever)

2 Typhoidinum 30 4 pills once in a day

3 Bryonia 30 4 pills 3 times in a day

4 Ipecauc 30 4 pills 3 times in a day for 15 days

5 Baptisia Q (made in german )5 drops with half cup of water give only 2 spoon of that half cup on the tongue and disposed the rest for 7 days

Give only RO treated water or boiled water for drinking
food pulp, Dal water , milk for eating

Medicine will continue for 1 month review after 15 days your son will surely get relief after taking this medicine.
For any assistance feel free to ask

Follow-up: Child suffering from fever. Not getting cured by medicines. What treatment should be done? 1 hour later
so sir i should avoid homeo classical treatment. All medicines to be taken before meals? and time gap pls sir? baptisia q what potential sir? and only once a day 2 spoon sir? And regarding fever pills only to be taken when there is fever? what is pulp sir? FOOD what is the restriction of salt, oil & spice. At present he is having boiled rice+green gram boiled+little milk and filtrred water, barley water, tender coconut, idli, oil less dosa, rice+greengram sambar with pinch salt, pepper. pls advise sir.
Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 10 hours later

Thanks again for following up.

Baptisia Q (mother tincture) 5 drops is mixed with half cup of water. Take 2 spoon and give it to child and disposed the rest of medicine. This can be repeated twice in a day.

Continue the medicine as prescribed for fever for 7 days.

The gap between taking two medicines is at least 15 min. All the medicine is taken before meal except Baptisia Q.

Do not give him spicy, fried, oily and masala kind of thing; only those food stuff which are easy digestible. Fruit pulp can be given - that is good for health. Make sure that sambhar is not very spicy and anything which is oily and spicy avoid.

How long you using classical medicine for your child and have you finished the course of medicine prescribed by your Doctor? - If it is more than 15 days, then you may stop those medicines.

Do not expose child to cold. Surely it will help you to recover your child.

Hope I answered all your query. If you have any query, feel free to ask.

Follow-up: Child suffering from fever. Not getting cured by medicines. What treatment should be done? 3 hours later
Sir above what you have prescribed 1 to 4 30 potency is not there only 200 or 1m is there. whether the second one is typhoodinum or thyrodinum? In the homeo medical shop they say it might be thyroidinum 30. FOR COUGH WHAT TO DO SIR. One doubt sir what is the difference btwn baptisia 200 and baptisia . Thats all sir. thank you.
Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 1 hour later

Thanks for asking.

If 30 potency is not available then take 200; but take 4 pills once in a day and 4 pills twice in a day for Bryonia and Ipecauc.

There is a big difference in Baptisia Q and Baptisia 200. Baptisia 30 /200 is in a potent form while Baptisia Q (mother tincture) is crude form of the drug. You have to take Baptisia mother tincture.

Thypoodinum is a rare drug which not generally available. You can search on-line or can ask to your Pharmacist. This is entirely different from thyrodinum. Both have different course of action; so don't be confused between two.

I have already prescribed medicine for cough (Ipecauc 30/200). So start taking medicine. If you have any doubt or difficulty in finding the medicines feel free to ask.

Follow-up: Child suffering from fever. Not getting cured by medicines. What treatment should be done? 3 days later
Sir as the medicines you prescribed were in either 200 or 1m and one or two were not available. I had ordered your prescribed medicine at other district shimoga. All the medicine has reached only today morning. As you told i stopped the classical treatment completely and for immediate attention and care i took my son to the local homeopath here in the evening on the day i queiried to you and he gave the medicines of which i have taken photo and uploaded. He prescribed as marked No.1 for apeptite, No.2 given next day when cough was more and gave liquid baptisisa 200 single drop 3 times. In between after two days No.2 Bio force AG as it contained some warning i stopped and replaced it with No.3 cough syrup KOF AID as it contained some of your prescribed remedy partially. since yesterday night it is exactly 5 days he has taken that prescription. NOW WHAT TO DO SIR. He is not having fever, but he is having cough- early morning suddenly he gets cough, it is like gur gur cough, slightly like whooping cough, as if sticky cold is in the chest like. Only in the mornings more, slowly the number of cough comes down to 50% by afternoon and remains same or comes down to 30% in the night. For your information from tomorrow my son is having mid term exams LKG. Please advise sir.
Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 6 hours later

Thanks for writing back. Good to hear from you and happy that medicines are working.

If medicine of 30 potency is not available then you can try 200 potency but take only 4 pills once in a day. Search only for medicine form made in German it is effective. I suggest you to take all the medicine as I have prescribed.

It’s good that there is no fever so stop the Pyroginum.

And for cough, continue the rest of medicine I have suggested. Cough will take some time to come down so you have to continue the medicine at least 1 week and let me know the progress.

For tomorrow your sons exam repeat Bryonia two times one is morning and then afternoon (only for tomorrow).

If you have anything to ask feel free to ask.