Child suffering from fever. Given meftal. Fever is reducing and coming again. Suggest?

Pediatrician
Question
my son is 1 year and 7 months boy suffering from fever of 102 degrees. meftal p is given to him.temporarily fever is reducing for 5 hrs again returning back.wht should I do
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 40 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your concern. However antipyretic medicines like Meftal P reduce the temperature temporarily and do not make it normal. You will have to give it at regular interval to reduce the temperature.

From when is your son having fever and what are the other associated symptoms? If you let us know then we can guide you on the further course of action that may be required.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing your son an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal
http://goo.gl/SuCjl

Follow-up: Child suffering from fever. Given meftal. Fever is reducing and coming again. Suggest? 1 hour later
from one day he is having fever.only fever.evrythng is fine
no other symptoms

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 3 minutes later

Thank you for the update.

You have not mentioned the duration of fever. Today is which day of the fever?

Rajiv

Follow-up: Child suffering from fever. Given meftal. Fever is reducing and coming again. Suggest? 3 minutes later
exact one day

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 9 minutes later

Thank you for the update.

As the fever is of one day duration you need to wait and watch. Continue giving Meftal P 4-6 hourly to reduce the temperature. Keep a temperature record. May be by tomorrow you may find other symptoms like running nose, cough, etc. If there is no improvement in the next day or two then you need to show your son to a doctor.

Wishing your son an early recovery.

Rajiv