Child suffering from cough and cold, prescribed Grillintus and Azithrol. But got Azilide instaed of Azithrol. Same?

Hello Doctor,
My daughter is 1yr old, she was suffering from cough with cold. The doctor had prescribed Syp.Grillintus BM & Azithrol 100. the chemist had given me Azilide-100 instead of Azithrol 100 , are these both are same.
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Taher Kagalwala 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, both Azilide and Azithrol are the same.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posing your direct query to me on www XXXXXXX com. The to-the-point answer is that yes, the two medicines are the SAME. Both contain Azithromycin, a commonly used short-duration, once a day antibiotic for coughs and colds due to bacterial infection.

If the doctor has used Grilinctus BM, he/she is probably suspecting a sort of allergic cough with narrowing of the airways due to secretions from the lining of the airways and/or spasm of the muscles of the airways.

You should give the azithromycin for 3 days and the cough syrup for at least six days.

I hope that answers your question.

Thank you once again, and may your daughter become well soon.

Dr. Taher