Child suffering from allergy. Have frequent cough and fever. Giving azitus, Ventorlin, Omnacortil and Levosalbutamol. Suggest?

ENT Specialist
Question
my daughter is 5 years 9 months old. She is suffering from allergy problem since last 3 years and frequently she is coughing and fever in every20-25 days. when we show to the doctors, they are giving Azitus XL 200 syrup, Ventorlin syrup, kidpred syrup,Omnacortil Tabs and Budetrol 200 Inhalers and in emergency coughing attack doctors prescribes Levosalbutamol sulphate Inhaler. Please suggest what to do,whether she will be cured with these medicines.
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 59 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. Between the age of 3 and 7 years, there is adenoid hypertrophy. Does she snore while sleeping?

2. Get an X-ray Skull lateral view to check for adenoid hypertrophy

3. You may continue her medication at present. Get her tonsils checked too. Though there is no cure for allergy, it may be controlled.

4. Other supportive medication such as anti-allergics, decongestants, mucolytics, steroid nasal sprays and steam inhalation may help relieve the symptoms.

5. You may follow up with the X-ray report here.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.

Follow-up: Child suffering from allergy. Have frequent cough and fever. Giving azitus, Ventorlin, Omnacortil and Levosalbutamol. Suggest? 7 hours later
1. yes she is snoring while sleeping

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 6 hours later

Thank you for writing back.

If she is snoring while sleeping , kindly follow the instructions in my previous answer.

Awaiting her X-ray report,

Regards.