Child suffer from hyper sensitive airways. On levolin but become hyper active and restless. Giving Bicarex and telekast

Hi doctor ,
My son suffers from hyper sensitive airways since he was 14 months old .. Inhalers levolin for rescue and flohale for prevention were given .. But i have noticed he becomes hyper active and extremely restless as long as he is taking these inhalers .. Last week I started giving bricarex syrup and telekast l kid tablet .. His symptoms have reduced and his behavior has drastically improved ,.. I have not given him any inhalers .. Can I substitute bricarex for levolin inhaler ?
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Clinical co-relation required

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

Inhalers like Levolin are known to cause irritability and tremors as a side effect. Bricarex syrup and Telekast are good substitutes as they too have bronchodilator properties but these drugs are not as effective as Levolin.

So I suggest you see a pulmonologist/chest physician before you switch over to Bricarex and Telekast and see if he is clinically free of wheeze.

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me.