Child started vomiting followed by stools after eating eggs. Told to be allergic reaction and given antibiotics. Suggest?

My 11 month old baby started vomiting after she took egg in her lunch today. Loose stools followed that. Our doc told me it's because of allergic reaction for egg and advised to keep giving fluids to prevent her from dehydration. To treat allergic reaction he given antibiotics . Is there anything else we can do at this moment
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
follow doctor's advise.Rice gruel for rehydration

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

I would advise you to follow the Paediatrician's instructions regarding medication as he/ she has examined the baby .

Hopefully, your baby should be better in a day or two.

In the meantime, give her enough fluids to prevent dehydration. Rice gruel (kanji) with enough water and a pinch of salt is a good rehydrating agent. Rice gives glucose, salt gives the sodium.

Give her smaller frequent meals (rice gruel). It will be easier to digest .

Keep a close watch on the baby. If at any time there is persistent vomiting/loose stools, decreased urine output, or Baby is lethargic, drowsy, please take the baby to the paediatrician immediately.

Hope this information has been helpful to you.

Wishing your baby a speedy recovery.

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan