Child sprayed vim cleaning agent on face. Flushed his eyes. Safe?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
My toddler spray a tiny bit of vim cleaning product onto his face. He is 13 months weighs 23 pounds. I flushed his eyes for 15 minutes. It has been over an hour and he seems fine.
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 58 minutes later

Thanks for writing to healthcare magic.

Vim cleaning product is detergent. I think you have done the right thing by cleaning his eyes. Keep a close watch if he developed any breathing problem or cough which is possible if he had inhaled the spray. Give him plenty of water and milk to drink if he can do so without much problem.

Do consult your physician if he develops any cough, breathing difficulty, vomiting, lethargy, eye irritation, etc.

Hope your kid recovers well and do keep such things out of reach always locked up safely.

Dr Arun